We recently had the pleasure of participating in a “Wine and Canvas” event in partnership with KaTom Restaurant Supply. It was a fabulous girls night out where guests enjoyed a night of drinking wine and eating with friends. The ladies enjoyed painting a canvas while our own Chef Karen Valentine demonstrated how to prepare some delicious desserts.
Chef Karen prepared pears in puff pastry, Vacherins with Raspberry Sorbet, and Deep Fried Chocolate Wontons with Passion Fruit Dipping Sauce. Yum!
And here’s a recipe for you to make one at home:
Individual Pears in Puff Pastry Recipe
- 8 ounces frozen puff pastry
- 2 large ripe pears
- 1 egg yolk
- 1T milk
- Superfine sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Thaw pastry out and roll out to a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut pears in half peel them then use a melon baller an take out seeds.
- Then starting at the top of the pear cut super thin cuts across the pear like a deck of cards.
- Place cut pear and place on the puff pastry, take your knife an cut a outline of the pear leaving a half inch border around the fruit, repeat with remaining half of pears.
- Whisk egg yolk and milk together and brush pears and pastry.
- Place in a preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool slightly then serve with a dusting of super fine sugar or powdered sugar.