Day Trips in the Smoky Mountains
Gatlinburg Day Trips
Home of the Aquarium of the Smokies, hundreds of shops, and many fun restaurants, Gatlinburg is a great day trip destination in the Smoky Mountains.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies – Giant spider crabs, a million-gallon shark tank, and a stingray petting tank are part of the fun.
- We are frequently posting great resources for Gatlinburg on our blog. Click here to check out these posts.
- Also, we invite you to check out Things to Do in Gatlinburg
Pigeon Forge Day Trips
Birthplace of Dolly Parton and home of Dollywood, the Dixie Stampede, and several music theatres. Pigeon Forge awaits you.
- Dollywood – This theme park owned by the country singer and Smoky Mountain natives blends thrill rides, arts and crafts, and live music.
- Dixie Stampede Dinner Show – Singing waiters, ostrich races, and rodeo acts while you dine.
- And, check out Things to Do in Pigeon Forge
Day Trips to Sevierville
Shop ‘till you drop at many fine outlet malls in Sevierville.
- Forbidden Caverns – One-hour walking tour of sparkling cave formations and natural grottoes.
Day Trips to Cosby
A small craft village known as the back door to the Smokies.
Newport Day Trips
A quiet riverside town with a golf course and restaurants.
Day Trips to Asheville
Asheville offers fine dining, arts & craft communities, as well as the home of Biltmore Estate & Village.
- Biltmore Estate, Gardens, and Winery It’s well worth the hour’s drive across the mountain to visit the largest private residence in the country.